Monday, February 27, 2012

Living a Pinteresting Life

I didn't know just how often I used Pinterest until I realized that in one day I'd used five things from the virtual board.

Since Pinterest entered my life, my son often looks at me in amazement and speaks in a little, awestruck voice. "I didn't know that." 

Here are two things that make bath time more fun.

GLOW FOR IT.
Rockabye Butterfly: Add glow sticks to the bath. Afterward, my little man stuck them on his windowsill, and they made a fun and fabulous nightlight. A pack of 10 or so from the Dollar Tree--ONE DOLLAR--provided thrilling bath times for my son. I could have put them all in at once, but a few did the trick.

COLOR ME CLEAN


Mommysavers: Make ice with food coloring. Pop it in the bath. Your child will squeal as he or she chases the cubes until they melt--which is rather quickly--and change the color of the bathwater. I liked this option less than the glowstick one because of the dye that transferred to my hands and the tub. However, it is friendlier to the environment.

Go ahead. Live a Pinteresting life.

4 comments:

  1. We got a package of 10 glow sticks from Target's Dollar Spot. My son absolutely loved his glow bath. Other Pinterest kid-faves have been the homemade sidewalk chalk paint and the neighborhood walk scavenger hunt. Pinterest can be a colossal time-suck if you're not careful, but it can also be a great way to find ways to connect with your kids--and feed your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it's a great way to connect with the kids and feed the family--and keep house, decorate, entertain, etc. Is this pure excitement what it feels like to join a cult? If I can prevent that "colossal time-suck," maybe I can stay this side of normal. I'm pretty sure Living a Pinteresting Life will be a regular entry on my blog. We'll have to try that scavenger hunt.

      Delete
  2. I haven't used Pininterest yet, guess I will just for fun and a new experience. Oh, I love the glowsticks. How funny, I saw some at the grocery store today and remembered a mass party I took my last batch of Drama students to in Kansas City. They had a big glow stick dance after the tryouts. It was really surreal to sit and watch all of that energy, wishing I still had more life ahead of me than behind me. But I'll adjust. Youth is supposed to be magical. You're a great mom to take this kind of time with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I'm a great mom or not, but Pinterest sure helps me get some fun quality time. It could easily be like watching fitness shows on tv and not participating, though. I'm careful to practice what I "pin" to prevent this! No matter how many days I have ahead (or behind), it helps me live better in this one.

      Geez, I should totally be getting paid for that kind of sentimentality!

      Delete