Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Favorite: Sesame Street Party

My son's birthday is at the end of the summer. So, of course, I fantasize about his party months in advance.  Last year, the kid was totally Devoted to Elmo. Note the capital "d."

On his birthday he became ill, so we had to postpone.  A week later, fewer attendees, and approximately two days after he suddenly stopped being fascinated with all things Sesame Street, we had his party.  We had a great time.

If you're wanting to have a Sesame Street party, check out these blogs for inspiration.

Kara's Party Ideas: This Sesame Street party is unrivaled.  If you click on no other link, check out this one. Seriously.

Birthday Girl: Gotta love the multi-colored theme--especially the Jones soda.

Hostess With the Mostess: I'm a baked goods sort of girl. The thought of candy buffets makes me queasy, but aren't they pretty?

P is for Party: The street signs, fish bowl, and giant blocks add to the fun.

Lovely Sprinkles: I absolutely fell in love with these invitations which inspired me to include stickers in ours. They were a hit!

Party Perfect: If I were a more patient person, I'd have totally made these cake balls.

Hostess With the Mostess: Is your kid crazy about Cookie Monster? Look no further!

Kara's Party Ideas: Is your kid in love with Elmo?

Brush up on your Sesame Street characters with this link. 

Wasn't that fun? Don't you feel like you've been to a party?

2 comments:

  1. I am now wishing I could "rent a kid" to do a sesame street party! Let me take that back (you have to be careful what you wish for) maybe I could convince Kate to have a Sesame Street Graduation Party! I love the concept . . . but no way I'm giving away goldfish unless they are edible. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Oooh, what a fun twist for a graduation party!

    ReplyDelete