Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Favorite: art

I'm not an impulse buyer. 

I'm that person who  touches everything in a store and then leaves without buying anything--only to come back a week or year later to purchase it. 

It took me three years to finalize a flooring choice in our home so that the people could complete what they started--three years ago before we even moved in.  A portrait of Santa Clause still hangs in our entry way because I like it better than other options I've found since December. 

My husband told me recently I needed to decorate. He said he was embarrassed to have people visit. Eek.

But I want to be surrounded with things I love. Or that have a story.  I don't want my house to look like I walked into a shop and bought the room.

So, imagine my surprise--and the ladies at my office--when I bought this picture on a whim and finally hung it on the hook that had been bare for months. Aloof? Regal? Wondering? The lady gazes into the distance above my computer screen.

I've heard it said that one should only have things around that speak to you. I don't know what she said, but the lady in the picture must have been convincing.

No comments:

Post a Comment