Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Girl Scouts Rock!

Girl Scouts rock!

When I spoke at HAWK's writing conference this summer, I met a friendly writing group from Arkansas. Later, I received an email from my publisher that Jeannie Stone, one of the fun-loving members, is a Girl Scout leader and wanted to work with Glamour to help the girls achieve their Bronze Award.

I'm thrilled to get to be a part of it. They've scheduled so many fun activities for Glamour's release. The best part is that even if you're not a Girl Scout, you can still attend.

Here's what I know so far.

Friday, November 21 in Fort Smith, Arkansas
I'm not sure of the details on this one.

Saturday, November 22 in Russelville, Arkansas
11-3 Booksigning at Hastings 11-3
5-7 Writing workshop given by yours truly at Pope County Library. We'll focus on journal writing and "Finding your Fairy Voice"
7-midnight Slumber party at Pope County Library. Lots of fun activities are planned that relate to Glamour. During the evening, attendees will receive special patches made just for the event!

Contact Jeannie Stone at 479-747-0210 for more information on the slumber party and writing workshop.

Jeannie's ideas are fabulous, and I can't wait to see her and the girls in action. She's incorporating some of the ideas found on my website as well as coming up with her own. I'm not sure what's been decided, but all of her ideas are based on the novel. I've heard there may be a Native American dancer, an astronomer, a doll maker and much more.

Monday and Tuesday, November 23-24 in Little Rock, Arkansas
I think they're planning more of the same, but I'm not sure of the details.

Contact Meredith Poland at 501-758-1020 or 800-632-6894 ext. 224

If you're in the Arkansas area, I hope you stop by for the booksignings and/or sign up for the slumber parties and writing workshops. It's going to be a blast.

If you have a Girl Scout Troop in another state and would like to incorporate Glamour into your schedule, let me know. I'd love to meet more amazing people and get to be a part of activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment