2012 was the first time the youngest generation of cousins picked out firecrackers and played with fire.
Perhaps it was a bad idea considering the variety of mishaps that occurred when my generation was sitting at the kids' table. Bottle rockets caught a field on fire. A string of Black Cats exploded in my brother's hand. My aunt "pantsed" her daughter because a sparkler caught her polyester pants on fire.
Sure, these things didn't happen when we were together. But with those experiences individually, what trouble might occur?
Time to make some memories!
We wore silly clothes.
|Don't we look festive?|
We blew bubbles.
We waved sparklers.
We made intelligent choices--like putting the bag of firecrackers on the baby stroller...
The gas tank immediately ignited.
And it was a BIG fireworks display.
Hmmm. Maybe there's a reason fireworks are illegal in so many places. Luckily, we all survived.
Hope your holidays were safe and continue to be throughout the weekend!
fireworks make me nervous and I could literally see that propane tank firing back! I lost my breath! Ha! Glad you are alright and had a great holiday.ReplyDelete
Whew! I think every adult drew a collective breath only to let it out and do it again when it went under the car. We're really not stupid people. Not usually.Delete