Monday, July 30, 2012

Mommy Monday: Meet Ashley

I met Ashley at a playgroup, but I've grown to know her by reading her blog. 

Her entries make my heart feel good.

She refers to various shindigs as "little" parties.Understatement alert! Some of the details make my heart pitter patter. Check out a few of my favorites:
  • The Princess and the Pea baby shower tempts me to have another baby. I'm soooo just kidding.
  • The birthday garden party. (I try to remind myself she's talented and that I'm not a slacker mom when I see that one.) 
  • Her "cheesy" Valentine's Day party demonstrates one can even personalize at a kid zone.
  • A series of St. Patrick's Day ideas are on the site, but this one first captured my attention. 
  • As a gal from Kentucky, she knows how to celebrate the Kentucky Derby, complete with stick horses for the wee riders. 

I could go on and on, but who has time for that? Just go to her playgroup tags and you'll find the most amazing group of celebrations.

And you get the sense that she does it all out of love.  Her family has so much love that they've chosen to adopt another member.

I may have been drawn to the sparkly fun, but her heart is all over this blog.

The most recent party celebrates the first birthday of the daughter they've not yet held in their arms.   Big Sister wanted to have a party for Shi Si, or Sissy, even though they can't be with her yet.

They're on an incredible journey. Read here about seeing the first picture and a special calling  and postal progress.

I hope by sharing her blogs, I've helped make your heart feel good, too.


3 comments:

  1. You are so incredibly sweet. I wish you could have seen my face when I realized the "Ashley" you were talking about was ME. {BLUSHING!}

    Thanks for the cyber hug... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blushing is a better response than thinking I'm a cyber stalker! Seriously, though, I do enjoy your blog and admire the journey you're on and your willingness to share it with the world.

    ReplyDelete