Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day

I thought I'd prepare for the holiday by making a patriotic pie...
Maybe decorate a little down at the lake...
Max had other plans for Independence Day...

He escaped his crib! (And brought me my iPhone. Is this what he associates with me first thing in the morning?) I pretended I wasn't in shock and urged him to return to bed. He climbed up beside me and towered above me and announced, "Done." Yep, that is one way to exert your independence.

We purchased a big boy bed for him, and I was shocked by his excitement. Before it was even put together, he tried to make his bed. Note the blur of enthusiasm in the pic below.

We could not have expected the euphoria we caused by getting him a big boy bed, but it was definitely a welcome moment of parental bliss.
Keeping him in the bed will be another adventure, I'm sure.

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment