Thursday, December 10, 2009

Brrrranson

We toured the Titanic museum when the temperature in Branson was about the same as the temperature of the water on that fateful night back in 1912. When we entered the exhibit, the tour guide suggested we touch an iceberg display. I'm sure it was impressive in the summer, but I had my down coat and lined leather gloves on. The weather outside had prepared me. It also made an impression on me as to just how cold and frightening it must have been for all those people who were awakened in the middle of the night on a ship they thought was unsinkable.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the museum. It was fascinating. The tour guides were dressed like members of the crew and were soooo polite. Seriously, they were probably as courteous as those on the ship itself.

They were full of interesting facts, too. For example, did you know that the black and white floors of that beautiful staircase--a replica was made for the movie--were linoleum? Linoleum! On the glitzy Titanic. It was new and modern, and so it was installed as part of the ship's first class fancy floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment