Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Tiffany's Chicken

Families who have healthy, home-cooked meals are marvels. Perhaps they possess some gene I lack. More likely...they know magic.

So, today's entry is my second attempt at helping other mere humans prepare a super easy entree. Don't forget to read my Magical Meal Suggestion for rounding out the meal. If you're like me, you don't have time to let something like cooking sap your creative juices.

My friend's recipe is known as "Tiffany's Chicken" at our house. As a mom of four and first lady of People's Church in OKC, Tiffany Cooper knows about feeding a family on the run.



Tiffany's Chicken
chicken breasts
can (or 2) of black beans
jar of salsa

Dump can of black beans over chicken breasts. Pour jar of salsa on top.

Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
I used two cans of beans in this picture because we like the extra.
Complete Magical Meal Suggestion
Serve with twist of lime, brown rice, and avocado slices. Good with mixed berries on the side. Add tortilla chips or cornbread if you feel like it.


If you don't think it looks good, don't worry! My husband claims that some of my ugliest entrees taste the best.  That's a compliment, right?

This meal is so easy, I always think I forgot something.

Maybe it's the margarita?

Enjoy!


If you missed the first Tasty Tuesday, check out the recipe for Pinterest Chicken.





4 comments:

  1. Wow! So easy I think even I can do it. And I like all the ingredients. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add tortilla chips or cornbread if you feel like it

    Or even fry bread? Ha ha! I have Indian tacos on the brain.

    I appreciate your efforts to diversify in the kitchen. Do you like salmon? We have a REALLY easy recipe for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indian tacos are delicious. So is plain fry bread--if you have honey. :)

    YES, I'd love an easy recipe. We try to eat fish at least once a week. G does the fish. His meals get fancy. I'd love an easy one.

    ReplyDelete