Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Pinterest Chicken

Making meals saps my creative juices.

I know. It's probably one of those weird traits no one else possesses.

Still, we need to eat well. So, hubby and I started a meal menu that we can recycle every six weeks or so. In case you also find meal planning stressful, I'll share recipes AND suggestions for the entire meal on my Tasty Tuesday entries. I don't cook anything that's difficult, so these recipes are perfect for kids at home, graduates, and any other non-cookers.

So...here goes. 

On Pinterest this recipe was called "Man-Pleasing Chicken" on wittyinthecity.com's blog. I refuse to call it that for many reasons, but the simplest is because it pleases me, too. 

Around here, we call it Pinterest Chicken. It's so delicious that when I made it--again--the other night I forgot to take a picture. Frankly, mine is not much to look at, but once that beautiful taste sensation hits your taste buds, you won't care that it was bland in appearance. If you garnish it with rosemary, which I usually forget, it's rather attractive.

Pinterest Chicken

Chicken (the recipe calls for thighs, but I prefer about four skinless, boneless breasts)
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Dijon Mustard
1 T. Rice Wine Vinegar

Place chicken in baking dish. Mix other ingredients and pour over chicken.

Bake at 450 degrees for 40 minutes.

If you aren't starving and would like to impress someone, garnish with rosemary. (Garnish always impresses me.)

Complete Meal Suggestion

You know those bags of snow peas you can buy at the grocery store and steam in the bag? Get those. Drizzle the sauce from the baked chicken over steamed brown rice.  We usually nosh on baby carrots before the meal because my preschooler likes them and I feel that it rounds out the color palette.

I know. Rounding out the color palette is probably another weird trait no one else possesses.

Serve this meal with pride. Few will guess its ease.

Num num num.

6 comments:

  1. I HaTE cooking, but I will try this at your suggestion. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it have to be real maple syrup or can you use pancake syrup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I'm the kind of cook who doesn't know if that is a real question or not, I say, "Give it a try!" We use all natural maple syrup. I did use the regular French's mustard once instead of the dijon and it did NOT taste as good.

      Delete
  3. I have made this before, too. I think we were out of rice vinegar, and used maybe apple cider vinegar instead? I thought it tasted really good, but did NOT look anything like the lovely picture on Pinterest. In fact, I thought mine looked kind of gross. It smelled good cooking, though, and tasted really good. I'm pretty sure we had ours with rice, too. I'm not positive, but fairly convinced we did not round out the color palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture WAS "lovely" on Pinterest! I'll have to remember that about the apple cider vinegar.

      Delete