Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Writer's Wednesday: Hereafter by Tara Hudson

I met the charming Tara Hudson 

at a book signing with fellow Oklahoma writer Sonia Gensler.  Tara was a lady after my own heart as I watched her husband and baby amusing themselves (and others) as Mommy did her book thing. 

And the book was great, too.

As you know by now, I'm a fraidey cat.  Hereafter succeeded in giving me nightmares.  In the same way the dementors freaked me out in the third Harry Potter book, the sheer alone-ness of the dead protagonist gave me shivers. (Since these things cause me such fear, I'm sure this tidbit is ripe for psychoanalysis!)

Then the completely original scary stuff happened. Forbidden love mixed with an entire dimension most people don't want to think about demand a sequel. I'm looking forward to it.
Check out this great interview with Tara Hudson from author Susan Dennard on blog Let the Words Flow

No comments:

Post a Comment