Saturday, April 24, 2010

Journal: the town character

If you've ever lived in a small town, you know its characters. Town characters are those people few know, but everyone knows who they are. Something makes them distinct.

From my childhood, I recall Charlie and Josie, who went to all the high school athletic events--even though away games required driving a car with no doors. They were a couple of our town characters.


I'm still learning the characters in my new town. I have a couple of nominees, though.Definitely in the running is the guy riding the unicycle in the pouring rain, wearing a backpack with blinking lights.

Journal: Write a scene from a town character's point of view. Be sure to hint at, if not explain, the behaviors that make him or her unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment