Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt

I've not been too "hippity-hoppity" in getting this post published. We had so much fun at Easter that I had to share it. After the day was over, I said to G, "I never thought we'd have a day like this." It was perfect. Max loved it so much he didn't even nap.
On Easter Sunday, my mom (and dad) hosted a family Easter egg hung for her great-nieces and nephews, grandson, and even a great-great nephew. Here she is before the strawberry pie, strawberry shortcake, and Lisa's sugar cookies (decorated as Easter eggs )hit the table.

Max met his cousin C for the first time here. C introduced him to Hot Wheels, so Max thought he was super-cool.
Here are the youngest kiddos enjoying a ride in my parents' gardening wagon. The older cousins entertained them thoroughly, especially with this wagon. (So much so that, just today, Max crawled up in the wagon and looked around, surprised no one magically appeared to pull him at high speeds down a hill.) This picture cracks me up because Max's hair sticks straight up and he has some sort of bad boy look on his face. Note the car in his hand: Once his cousin let him play with it, he didn't let it go all afternoon.

Eager faces as Shannon serves up the Easter bunny cake...
Isn't this what family is about? Who wouldn't love them?

No comments:

Post a Comment