Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Favorite: Nutella

Dear Nutella,

It's my fault. I judged you on your name and appearance.  That odd name that's part fruity and part girly. That red color that's a little too close to orange to not contain citrus.  That unanswered question to why the "n" is a different color which makes the name seem to be "utella," but that part isn't as weird as the fact that it's pronounced NEWtella.

I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

You are not Vegemite.

You contain chocolate. And nuts

Did you have your cute little makeover to get my attention?  I love how you accessorized with the bread sticks.  Am I aware of you now because of this transformation or is it because you're hanging out in different places--like the checkout line? 
However it happened, I'm glad you're with me now. B + N XOXO

Has anyone else discovered a love of food (or anything else) later in life that they shunned previously?  What is your favorite way to eat Nutella?

9 comments:

  1. This stuff is addictive. My favorite way to eat it? Quietly, when no one is looking, with a spoon and straight out of the jar:-)

    God bless,
    Susan
    author of Grrr...Night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can identify with that one, Susan. My kids prefer their fingers.

      Delete
  2. I'd been avoiding Nutella for years and years, mostly because of the hazelnut thing (yuck!), but at a writing retreat there was nothing else for breakfast, so I swallowed hard and spread it on toast. DIVINE! I am a total addict now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know I'm not the only person who misjudged it. What a pleasant surprise.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I totally need to try it on toast for breakfast. I have mostly dipped pretzels in it as a snack and much prefer the idea of starting my day with a little chocolate.

      Delete
  3. Nutella is our favorite ebelskiver filling. An ebelskiver is a light, fluffy, golf-ball sized filled pancake that - according to my ebelskiver-making box - can be filled with fruit, chocolate, jam or cheese and served for breakfast, dessert, as an hors d'oeuvre or a light supper. Our second favorite filling for it (as well as to spread on toast or in rolled tortillas - with or without nutella)is Biscotti Spread. Mmmmmm.) I have waited over a year to have a reason to say 'ebelskiver' - I have now managed to fit it in four times in one paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so funny, Shel. When I first saw the word "evelskiver," I thought SPAM had gotten through with gibberish. Ha! Thanks for introducing a new word and a fabulous idea.

      Delete
  4. It's strange you should bring up this subject, Brandi. I've never particularly been a fan of Nutella,but I noticed Bill bought a jar of it the other day, and in a moment of desperation for something sweet, I took a tiny taste. It was SOOO good! I don't know why I've suddenly become so fond of it, but unfortunately I have. My favorite way to eat it is right out of the jar, but it's also good on graham crackers.
    And thanks for clearing up the pronunciation for me. I can never remember if it's "new" or "nuh."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned the pronunciation from the company's website, Dee Dee. However, I tend to use both variations interchangeably. Thanks for giving me another way to embrace my new addiction.

      Delete