Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer Salads: Malena Lott


I meet some of the nicest people during lunch at the annual conference held by Oklahoma Writers' Federation, Inc.  One such lunch I sat across from a lively, charming woman who had one novel under her belt and really had a head for marketing. 

Since then, Malena Lott has written more novels and her branding consulting firm the Athena Institute (don't you love that name?!) has created Buzz Books.  Get to know her on her blog. She loves sisterhoods as much as I do, and her cheerleader spirit shines through.

I'm thrilled Malena dropped by our virtual party.  Check out what she brought as her potluck.


 
Confession: I like appetizers more than I like meals, which means appetizers are often my meal. For me, summer is one salad, dip or nacho after another. Here's one of my favorites.
 
 Avocado Feta Tomato Salad
Yep, just those three ingredients, but toss in some lemon or lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Add some lettuce if you'd prefer it in "salad" form or just use the AFT for the dip. You can use tortilla chips (lime chips are pretty awesome with it) or pita chips. Very filling and pretty GOOD FOR YOU!

Magical Meal Combination
It pairs well with a pinot grigio wine and grilled chicken.

Malena's fifth novel, FAMILY CHARMS, about three sisters who travel the world to see where their mother has been the last twenty years and what kept her away, is available in trade paperback and ebook. Connect at malenalott.com.




2 comments:

  1. I love anything with avocado,feta, and tomatoes. So I'm sure they would be good in this tasty mosh pit of color and taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. How could that combination be anything but awesome?

      Delete