Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Gossip Girl

I'm hooked.

I know the show has been around a while, but unless I discover some wildly popular trend before it's wildly popular, I'm slow to jump on the bandwagon.

However, I've followed the fashion on the show since its inception. Seriously good stuff, right? So, I finally decided to watch an episode, and the rest is dvr history.

I just watched the prom episode and teared up. It's so romantic when someone loves from afar and loves so much that he's willing to make a girl happy even if her happiness isn't with him. *sniff*

Sure, the teens on that show are nothing like the ones who attended my high school--or I taught for that matter. But isn't that part of the fun? We all want to be more mature, more glamorous, more worldly than we really are. The fallout from bad decisions and a fast-paced lifestyle is much easier to handle when we watch it on tv.

Hmmm. I suppose maybe I should try the books. I know that some school libraries banned the series. It's always been my opinion that if a book is banned it's probably worth reading simply to see what offended people.

No comments:

Post a Comment