Friday, August 14, 2009

Journal: Personality and possessions

When I was in school, I was a mess. Literally. I felt sorry for the kids who had lockers underneath mine because books and bags and pencils usually fell on their heads out of my locker at least once a week. Even in college, it was not uncommon for me to reach into my backpack and pull out chocolate-covered papers. I'm really not a total slob, but I am easily disorganized. The funny thing is that I have always known this about myself. Usually, my book bag would have an array of side pockets and zippers and snaps to help with this problem. Often, in addition to a text book, an organizer of some sort might bop a locker mate on the head. I wonder what other things someone might learn from looking through my bookbag, purse, or suitcase.

Journal: Imagine you've discovered a bookbag, purse or suitcase. What's inside? What sort of personality traits might those items indicate?

No comments:

Post a Comment