Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Namaste

I haven't exercised since February of 2008.

Seriously.

I arrived early and freaked out a bit. Svelte bodies in fashionable yoga attire stretched, chatted, and...basically looked fit.

The instructor chatted with me and then said, "Tonight is hard."

"Okay."

"I have a beginner's class on Thursday."

"Do I need to come back then?" Translation: Do I look that out of shape?!

She eyed me. "Have you done yoga before?"

Let's just say she was right. About the hard part. It was the most difficult class I've ever attended. A few times I was comforted with the knowledge that super instructor Libby is a nurse during the day.

I once had lovely abs. Do you know what pregnancy and no exercise do to your core muscles and balance? I do. And I don't like it. Of the three positions that required me to stand on my hands or head, I succeeded with one. I tried another but fell. I didn't even attempt the third. Legs and arms were everywhere.

Oh, but I will return. The instructor and class are amazing. Maybe one day I can look svelte in a cute little yoga outfit.

I can dream, can't I?

I think I'll dream right now while eating an Oreo.

No comments:

Post a Comment