Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Toddler Tuesday: childhood summer

 
My son loves his twin (second) cousins.  They love him, too. It's a win-win.  

At the end of the month, my cousin and her family are moving to Belgium.  "The girls" will soon turn eleven, and my two-year-old son adores them. Perhaps he's young enough to not realize they're soooo far away.  And why should he? We can learn to Skype.   

My husband and I are so thrilled that their family has this opportunity. They are such a good age to see that the world is much smaller than most people suspect.

And we know they'll return as often as they can--after all, we have the draw of my kids and a great-grandma who lives two blocks away.  We hope to travel to Belgium in a couple of years when our children are older (as in both actually born). 

Recently, we gathered for a farewell visit, and my cousin Kathy snapped this photo with my iPhone. The sun was setting, but the kiddos are all looking forward together.  Is there symbolism in this or what?
 
Although this time in your life is coming to an end, relish the new beginning. We love you all and wish you the best!

Journal: Write about childhood summers or a childhood visit with a cousin.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and inspiring picture and blog. Thanks for this thought to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it inspired you! Those kids are pretty cute.:)

    ReplyDelete