Monday, May 14, 2012

Magic Monday: Lucky Charm

  I completed Lucky Charm, my second young adult novel a year and a half ago.  And I couldn't stop tweaking it. Granted, that whole morning sickness and giving birth thing was time consuming, but I wouldn't let go of the manuscript.

Until now.

The cosmos spoke to me.

My novel has two key images--rose rocks and shamrocks.

Yesterday, my family helped my grandmother clean out her garage. Not knowing a thing about my novel, she gave me this:



Afterward, we went to the lake. My son and I were walking along when he said, "Mom! I have to show you something." He claimed he'd seen a roly-poly and pointed at the ground.  Right beside his imaginary crustacean was this:



Okay, Universe. I'm listening.

6 comments:

  1. Now that sends warm fuzzies all over me. Yes, I believe in signs. Have you read the story of Julian Lennon's "White Feather Foundation?"
    The Story of White Feather
    One thing Dad (John Lennon) said to me should he pass away, if there was any way of letting me know he was going to be ok the message would come to me in the form of a white feather. Then something happened to me about ten years ago when I was on tour in Australia. I was presented with a white feather by an Aboriginal tribal elder, which definitely took my breath away. One thing for sure is that the white feather always represented peace to me. (Julian Lennon)
    http://www.whitefeatherfoundation.com/achievements/05_beatlesstory.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful story! Julian Lennon did something amazing with the sign given him, didn't he?

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome post. I love your connection with the universe, it is sacred and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I don't always listen, but this time it was pretty loud.:)

      Delete