Those beautiful tissue paper balls appear everywhere on the party blogosphere. I figured they were out of my league in craftiness. Especially since I'm not crafty.
Boy, was I wrong!
They are so easy.
At least, I think they are. I've not actually made them with tissue paper. I used newspaper instead, and they were decor in three birthday parties. Plus, instead of tossing them after the parties, I discovered they make great packing paper. I used them to cushion a punch bowl!
1st birthday Cupcake Vintage
How to make newspaper poms:
- Take 3 newspaper spreads and cut them into quarters.
- Stack the 12 squares on top of each other.
- Fold them accordian-style.
- Tie a ribbon or string in the center to hold them together.
- Cut each end at a diagonal.
- Fan them out.
Check out this tissue paper tutorial from www.unbeaujour.fr. It's in French but the images explain it in any language.