Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Favorite: Get in the kitchen and bake me a pie!

It's here and I'm so excited!




Love at first sight: Breville pie maker from Williams-Sonoma

I suspected my lust for the Breville pie maker from Williams-Sonoma was a passing fancy. After all, I am no kitchen goddess. What do I need with an expensive cooking toy? 

But each time I saw it in the catalog, my heart flipped in excitement. Oh, the things I could do!

The seasons passed and it went on sale. I considered it.   My subconscious whispered to me in the middle of the night. Brandi...Brandi.... you have a killer crust recipe...when you measure the ingredients correctly...and bake it long enough.

By the time I mustered the courage to purchase it, the sale was off and I was not going to pay $150 for something I may or may not use. When it went on sale again--with free shipping!--I was sold. 

And it's here!

What shall I do first?

Since the 4th of July is right around the corner, maybe I should break out the Americana like the rustic patriotic party featured on Celebrations at Home...


...or throw a vintage pie party as shown over at Moore Minutes.






March 14 is over for this year, so International Pi Day is out, but I totally love this cute idea from EventTagious.


Maybe the pies would make a great snack if we had a playgroup inspired by this pie fight party over at Craftzine.


Before I get too carried away with the possibilities, I should probably buy flour. 


4 comments:

  1. I've eaten some of your pies (pre-fancy-schmancy pie-maker machine)and I agree you do have a killer pie crust recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you. Hopefully, you'll get to try some mini versions soon.:)

      Delete
  2. How fun is that contraption?! Makes my belly growl. And want to watch Waitress (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473308/).

    By the way, after dinner on Friday I stopped by GiGi's Cupcakes. I thought of you. :) OH, and fyi...if you happen to show up 10 minutes before closing, it's buy one get one free. Lord have mercy... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By one get one free? Cupcakes for dinner!

      Delete