Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Confession of an Earth Mother Wannabe

Image from blog at mozardien.com

Everything that has gone into my kitchen trash this morning could have been recycled. Everything. But the recycling bin is full. Which means I'd have to empty it first.

And it's heavy.

And my back hurts.

And...I don't want to.

When I was in high school, the upperclassmen voted me Most Likely to Save the Planet. Pretty fancy title just because I wasn't a litterbug.What a hefty responsibility to lay on a teenager!  I was bound to fail.

Am I the only one who feels guilty when I don't recycle? 

We're usually pretty good around here. I mean, my son had a trash/recycling birthday party for Pete's sake.

I'm not feelin' it today.

C'mon! Let's be practical. Surely we have enough places on this big ol' planet to store trash until the end of time. The Mayans say it's December 21, right?

 If we're still around for Christmas, I'll definitely recycle all of the wrapping paper. Definitely.

3 comments:

  1. Mother Earth will thank you, and so will future generations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...that is, IF we make it past December 21. ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the picture! Wonder what she would look like reclining below the trailers?

    ReplyDelete