Friday, July 10, 2009

Girls of '93

I was so excited to see my friends. Katie and I've been friends since we were three. Ange, Katie and I have been friends since we were eleven. As Ange's niece says, we're definitely "best friends for freakin' life."

Lots of pics exist of us together, but I have no clue how to scan them. Below is a pic Katie sent me from a high school ski trip. As you laugh, remember we looked cool then.We went to the lake where we had a fun filled day of playing on the lake planned.

Fate, on the other hand, had something else in mind.

When we arrived, I'd left my keys to the trabin at the house. After G kindly brought them to us, we changed into our swimsuits and headed to the boat slip where our jetskis were safely waiting. We only had a few hours together and we rarely get to see each other, so we were excited to get to play. The fact that NEITHER one of the jetskis would start--even though they worked nicely the evening before--dampened our plans a bit. Oh well. We floated around in the lake and snacked and visited, which was so nice. We just didn't have enough time. We never do. I think we should plan a spa visit next time.

Here we are five years ago at our class reunion:



Journal: Write about an outing with your closest friends five, ten, or fifteen years from now. What will you do together? Where will you each be living? What did you have to take a break from in order to hang out?

No comments:

Post a Comment