Sunday, May 3, 2009

Home from OWFI

The Oklahoma Writers' Federation, Inc. conference was held in Norman, OK. Marcia Preston was president. She and the other board members did an outstanding job. Not only was the hotel beautiful, but also the sessions were good. I enjoyed meeting new friends and seeing those that I haven't seen for a year. I was thrilled that Amy Shojai was honored as a Lifetime Member this year.

The Inklings, my writing group, has a great time at this conference. As I've mentioned before, we shake the jingle bells in our hallelujah basket when a friend wins and whip out a tiara each time one of our names is announced. Let's just say we wore the tiaras a lot. It's always fun to take home a certificate. It's even more fun when you take home a check. And when your friends do, too, well, that's a party.

This year was the first time I had the opportunity to join the autograph party on Saturday afternoon. Sonia Gensler organized it so well. As always, Best of Books did a great job having the books available. Thanks to all of those who purchased Glamour. I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment