Friday, August 15, 2008

Journal: life list

I don't think The Bucket List is a stellar movie. The film doesn't say anything new and is as predictable as any Nicholas Sparks' book. Yet, similarly, it still has a good message. Perhaps that's the reason the movie found moderate success.

A Bucket List is a list of things you're supposed to accomplish before you "kick the bucket."

I've always called this a Life List.

In high school, my English teacher (also my mom) assigned the task of creating a Life List. There were no limitations. Nothing was too outlandish. If I wanted to do it, I should write it. I still have mine. It's fun to look at it from time to time. For example, "Go to Australia and meet an aborigine" is on there. Guess what? It's checked off. So are many other items I'd never really thought I'd do.

As a teacher, I also gave the Life List assignment. Students seemed to enjoy it. I wonder how many tasks they've already accomplished.

Journal: Create your own Life List/Bucket List. Take a piece of paper and number to at least 20. The items can be as simple or complex as you wish. Consider the near future as well as years and years from now. Don't edit yourself. Simply wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment