Hello, friends! I'm so glad you made our Virtual Potluck Party. We're meeting every Tasty Tuesday this summer. Today's guest blog is brought to you by Jennifer McMurrain. Enjoy!
I love a good potluck. So when Brandi said she was doing a virtual potluck featuring salads, I knew just what I wanted to make, my Mac Daddy Macaroni Salad. Now I must issue a warning, this is a salad you want to make in moderation, it's definitely not on any diet lists, but it's oh so yummy, you won't be able to help yourself. And you don't need anything to go with it, this salad is a meal in itself, although saltines are a nice addition.
3 cups uncooked macaroni
1 can sweet peas, drained
10 to 12 chopped green onions
8 oz of cubed cheddar cheese (I like mild cheddar)
1 lb of cubed ham
4 to 6 boiled eggs, roughly chopped
3 heaping spoonfuls of Miracle Whip Light
1 cup Light Ranch Dressing
*Author's note: My mother has informed me that I must include cucumber in my ingredient list because it is her recipe. So you can add one peeled, roughly chopped cucumber if you like that kind of thing. I don't. ;o)
1. Cook macaroni per package instructions.
2. Boil eggs.
3. Drain macaroni and rinse with cold water. Pour into bowl.
4. Add peas, green onions, cheese, ham and eggs.
5. Add Miracle Whip Light and Ranch Dressing, to taste. You want it to be kind of tangy. Start with what I have above and then add a bit at a time until desired taste.
6. Chill overnight before serving for best results.
And done. My family will eat this for day and then beg for more. It's a quick one bowl meal, that's great for picnics and pot lucks. Enjoy.A Moment of Jen and check out all of her books.