Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Favorite: Thank you to our Veterans--home and abroad

When Veteran's Day rolls around, I always think of "veterans" in flashes of made up black and white photographs from my mind's eye.  These images all have a distinctly WWII vibe. I think it's my way of distancing myself from the hard truth.

Kind of like that kid who thinks food just shows up at the grocery store.

In reality, men and women sacrifice every day so I can eat Oreos and enjoy my kids and vote my conscience and have a business and drive a car and have a full tummy and be warm at night and.... be an American.

My husband and I are lucky enough to know friends and family members who have served or are currently serving in the military. They aren't black and white photos. They're flesh and blood citizens with whom we've shared laughter, food, and memories.

I'm in awe of their bravery and grateful for their service--and for the service of their families.

Two of my sorority sisters posted the following link on their Facebook pages regarding 10 Things You May Not Know About Military Wives It's worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment