Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mama Mia!

Why did I wait so long to see this show?

It had the longest standing ovation of any show--on or off Broadway--I've ever attended. Sure, they kind of did an entire concert thing that kept us on our feet, but people could have sat down.

They didn't.

They stood. They clapped. They swayed. They danced.

If you know me, you know I love musicals. REALLY love musicals. One of my fantasy weekends is to go to NYC and spend a weekend doing nothing but breakfast, lunch, matinee, dinner, evening performance, late dinner. Then repeat.

The touring show of Mama Mia! could not possibly have been better on Broadway. I was really impressed. Not a single dud in the cast. And I was shocked to note one of the actors was Mr. Electricity from the propane commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment