Friday, September 5, 2008

journal: learning

Call me a nerd. I've always liked learning new things. Most people do.

Classes have been a big part of my life. I still remember my very first piano lesson. I was in the first grade. I also remember the first time I met my dance instructor. I was four. Later, I learned to play the flute, the drums, and yes, even the pipe organ. Among others, I took classes in writing, acting, cheerleading, skiing, snorkeling. As an adult, I took singing lessons, which unfortunately, has not increased requests for my a capella. Since I'd only learned tap and ballet as a kid, I took jazz. And I'm not finished with lessons yet. There are a lot of things I still want to learn.

My husband wants to learn to scuba dive. He also wants to fly a plane by himself and stay overnight in Antarctica on an expedition.

I want to learn to create pottery and hang glide. I'd also love to be bilingual so that I can travel and effectively communicate with the natives. Somewhere in there, I should probably learn to cook and garden, too, but those things seem so much better in the mind than in practice. If I really want to be practical, I should probably learn how to text message more effectively.

What do you want to learn how to do?

Journal: Write about a lesson/class. Use your imagination. It doesn't even have to be of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment